CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Old and New ( friendships and being renewed)

As I reflect on the Mom's Dinner last night, I feel encouraged. After wading through a very rough 2 years and not participating in many Mom's Dinners during the process, I am thankful to have been a part of the last 2. Last night's topic hit home with me, as I am sure it did for many others.

Taking the Books Off the Table

Due to challenging circumstances, I reached a point last year when I didn't "like" homeschooling. I didn't want to do it and quite frankly, neither did my kids. There were way too many days of handing my kids a "to do list" of assignments and walking away hoping that they wouldn't need my help. You have probably been there too. We just do what we have to do. As a sweet mom put it last night, "You just do the next thing next." Now that is a WORD!


So, now it is a NEW DAY and a NEW SCHOOL YEAR! Thank You Lord!
We started school 3 weeks ago. So far, it has been a joy! The excitement is back. I am renewed and ready! We have spent those weeks digging into the Middle Ages and learning about the struggles of being a christian during that time. (It's never been easy to be a believer, why do we think it should be now?) We have spent time in deep conversation about the muslim faith and how they have challenged christians for so many years. (Great insight for the 9-11 Anniversary last week.) I am so thankful that the Lord chose me, not sure why he did, but He chose me to teach and train these precious children! (Not sure if I have ever used precious to describe my boys since they were infants.) What a calling! What a blessing! I am thankful!


And in the spirit of THANKFULNESS, I come back to my reflection of last nights Mom's Dinner. At each dinner, God always sends me friends, sometimes old and sometimes new. He always has a WORD for me to hear and chew on. He always has a plan for weaving something from the dinner into my needs and my life. HE DOES IT JUST FOR ME! I am THANKFUL!




1 comments:

himhimthem said...

I just love it...I can't wait to spend more time with you. Give me a call and let me ring your ear a bit with a continuation of our conversation. I hope you have fun writing it is fun for me.
Suzanne
Just another MOMY
www.himhimhimthem.blogspot.com