CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tennessee vs Gators

What a day!
I spent the day, naive I'm sure, thinking that TN actually had a chance of winning today. Whoa, was I wrong! Well, I really believe we had a chance, knowing what little I know about football. I just don't think we are willing to do what it takes because we don't want it bad enough. I am sad after watching the Gators take us down. But hey, it's just a game and in the grand scheme of life it is soooo tiny.

Parallel that game to my spiritual life... God has me equipped to do anything and everything that He calls me to do. Equipped, doesn't mean that I trust Him and it sure doesn't mean that I am willing. Each day, because my creator gave me a will to choose, I have to want it bad enough to make the choice to live for Him and not myself. OUCH! There are too many days that I just don't want it bad enough. Too many days that I let the opponent (Satan) win. So as I reflect on this troubling loss against the Gators, I will remember that I have a choice to want it bad enough to make the right choices. No coach or anyone else can make me choose right over wrong. Only I hold the key to that door.

"He trusted in the Lord God of Israel ... For he held fast to the Lord; he did not depart from following Him, but kept His commandments ... The Lord was with him; he prospered wherever he went." (2 Kings 18:5-7)

0 comments: