CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New School Year 09/10

So, today is day two of my ninth year of homeschooling! We have lots of changes this year. Christian is a Junior at Munford High. Gage is a Sophmore working his way through the Gateway Extension Program. Chase is a Freshman at Bolton High. Noah is a middle schooler in 6th grade. Jonah is in 5th and Caleb is in 4th. My days this year will be very different form years past. Different is good, though.

Gage is working independantly earning credits in Latin, English II, Algebra I, Biology, US History and Health/PE. I am proud of his independance and lookinng forward to wathing him move at his own personalized pace. He began last week and will take tests later this week in Alg and Biology.

I am combining several subjects for my younger three. I am teaching Bible, English, History,Science and Writing to the three of them as a group. This simplifies my day and allows them to participate as a group. They still do their reading, vocab, logic and math individualy.

Today in science, we made salt dough models of the nine planets. It was exciting to watch the boys stretch, roll and mold the dough to form each planet, taking care to work in each detail. They need my help much less than they have in earlier years. Tomorrow they will paint each planet to match the real planets. They were more than happy to get their work done for me today!

I am looking forward to a great school year with each of my 6 boys!

0 comments: