CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Change is Inevitable, but What About When the Change Changes?

Philip is a creature of habit. Yes, I know we all are but he HATES change! Me on the other hand, I like it. I get bored with the same ole same ole. Well today as I was looking forward to change, it all changed. Talk about throwing me for a loop! I sat for a good solid hour just trying to get a grip of how it all came about. , I was so certain that the Lord had saved a house for us in Munford, that house. I just knew it the day we walked in the door to look at it. I felt like the whole time I was walking and looking and dreaming of where we would put our things that God had His arm around me and was walking by my side saying, "See me child, I told you it was all ok. I told you that I loved you. I saved this house just for you." Well, I know that all those statements are true, but evidently not about that house. I felt shattered. Soaking it all in and grasping that I was wrong about that perfect house.

Yes, it was old and needed some updating, but that is what I love to do! The teens wanted a Mountain Dew room. It would have been perfect on that neon green carpet upstairs. Caleb wanted a car room and we we planning how we would decorate it. I had actually convinced Philip to let me keep the pink walls in our room to go with our black/white/gray color theme.Goodness, I even had plans for a garden to grow veggies in.

I know I sound like I am torn up, but oddly, I am ok. It took an hour or two, but I know that there really is a perfect house for my family. It may not be perfect in my eyes, or my kids or my friends, but it will be be perfect in God's eyes because He knows exactly what we need and what house will be a home for us. He knows what home will meet our needs, but also grow us closer to him.

So now I am excited again! Waiting for His house for our family. Still looking each day. Still nervous because we only have 2 weeks to find one and move, but it is a different kind of nervous. It is peaceful. Not sure that I have ever been nervous and peaceful at the same time. God is so good! All the time! Pray with me as we travel to a new destination.

4 comments:

J-Mom said...

So glad that you have peace through this. Our move here was kind of like that. I'll tell you about that sometime.

Christie Jarvis said...

I am sorry that it didn't work out but glad that you are ok. There is a house out there for you and I can't wait to see it when you find it!!
LOVE ya!

J-Mom said...

The only thing constant in life is change.

B.R.M said...

Hey Becca! Your attitude encourages me.

Becky (Tori and Sam's mom)