CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Finished a Chapter and Starting the Next One

You know, there are times and seasons in our lives that we just don't like, not even a little bit. Yes, there are blessings all around us at those times, but for some reason we are too wrapped up in the part we don't like to really enjoy the blessings. Well, in my world, each new year is a new chapter in my life book. The last few chapters have been hard and painful and challenging. Yes, I know that the Lord has worked and is working in each thing and has used and is using it for good in my life, but often, no most of the time, I am too wrapped up in pain, anger, bitterness and fear to care about the good that will come from it all. Well, the last chapter was not one of my favorite parts in my story. However....

I can see lots of god that God has worked in me and my family through the last year. We are closer. We are more humble. We are more at peace. Me personally, I know how to make $1 stretch even farther than I did the year before. I understand more about trusting the Lord to provide. (That is a whole other blog in itself!) I learned that there are people, good people, that go through tougher things than me. I felt the pain of really "needing" something and the relief/peace of God providing it. What a chapter in my life book this past year has been!

But today, I am confident that I began the next chapter! I am hopeful of my future. I am excited about the next steps I will be taking.(Even though they will be tough.) I am peaceful about my finances. I am calm, enough said!

2 comments:

J-Mom said...

Very awesome blog! It's amazing to hear how others are finding ways to trust God.

Becky said...

Great blog, and my sentiments exactly. You know what we went thru last year- Kevin losing his license/job, us seperating, and so much more. Now God has put all the pieces back together, and we are all stronger than ever because of what we went thru. We surely didn't think it would turn out this good while we were going thru the fire.. THANK GOD that He always sees the big picture even when we are stuck in our pity, doubt, and pain. Love you girl!