CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thank You Lord for "New" Days

It is nice to reflect at the end of a day, not always, but today it is. I had a relaxed day. I was blessed in many ways and my mind was able to "rest" for a bit. It was much needed.

I started my day with a sweet good morning phone call from a special friend that gets up and gets going earlier than my brain does. And her children, though I adore them, seemed loud in my only awake for 10 minutes ears. But, it was a blessing, a blessing because I am thankful that this sweet friend and her family are in my life.

My next blessing was that I didn't cook breakfast for my family. Today they ate cereal. My children see cereal as a blessing because we only eat it twice a month and never on a weekday. I was thankful that I didn't have to cook and clean up the kitchen afterwards.

I was then able to enjoy a hot bath without one child interrupting me. (If you are a mother, you know this is very rare!) I soaked until I was a prune - lol.

My next blessing was visiting a homeschool "mentor" friend to borrow a few books and ask a few questions. She is so sweet to share with me and will probably never know what a blessing she is to me.

From there I went to another friend's house and sat and enjoyed 3 hot cups of coffee and talked a lot about kids and husbands and bills and kids and food and decorating and furniture and school and church. We haven't done that in a few months so there was lots to catch up on. It is special when another busy homeschooling mom stops and gives her time to just sit and talk with you.

During the time that I was there, I had another friend text me several times to see if I had heard any news about the job Philip is waiting to hear back from. It comforted me to know that she was praying for my husband.

I finally made it back home around 2:00 and enjoyed a hot bowl of the chicken and dumplings that I cooked the night before - and there was plenty left to feed the entire family lunch. (That NEVER happens!)

At 2:30 Philip and I were blessed with some money to buy groceries! Yes, and the amount was exactly what I spend on a two week grocery shopping trip!

The next blessing was a house that we looked at. It is $325 less a month than what we are paying now and we think the space will fit us nicely. Now to wait on the application approval. (I can handle this one! - With God of course!)

And then a safe trip home in the freezing rain and rush hour traffic.

My blessings continued at home when I cooked a delicious dinner and there was enough leftovers to feed my family dinner tomorrow night too. (Oh, and there is still enough chicken and dumplings left to feed us lunch tomorrow as well!)

So, as I reflect on this day, I KNOW that I am blessed, blessed above and beyond what I deserve. I reflect and I am thankful. I am peaceful. And somehow all that fear about the days ahead, is gone for this moment.



2 comments:

himhimthem said...

I LOVE YOU...I know that you are exactly what I need in my life, accountability, understanding and the ability to 'get it' when I E-laborate. I am praying, I am hoping with you.
Suzanne
www.himhimthem.blogspot.com

Christie Jarvis said...

What a fantastic testimony to God's provision! Thanks for sharing.